What kind of utensils do you use at lunch time?
- I use the set wrapped in plastic wrap at the lunch line that is what they are there for!
- I use the plastic utensils they provide at school, but take only what I need.
- I bring stainless steel ones from home that I can wash and use over and over again.
While taking notes, do you use both sides of the paper?
- No because my pencil or ink marks will be visible on the other side!
- Only if my teacher tells me to.
- Always. My notebooks last longer and I am creating less waste.
Are the lights and computers on after left on after you leave the classroom?
- Yes because someone will definitely use them in the next class
- We turn them off at the end of the day because they are not being used overnight
- We make sure to turn off all lights and computers to conserve energy
When you bring your lunch to school, how is it packed?
- In a brown bag with individually wrapped items so I can throw it all away when I am done
- I bring a lunch box to school every day, but sometimes my food is in plastic baggies or wrappers that I can throw away
- I bring a lunch box to school every day and keep my food in washable containers so I do not create any waste
How do you dispose of old notebooks, work sheets, and paper?
- I throw them in the trash can if I do not need them anymore
- I place them in a recycling bin if there is one nearby
- I make sure to place them in the single-stream recycling bin at home or school, after reusing the sheets as scrap paper
How do you get to school in the morning?
- I have my parents drop me off as close to the building as possible
- If there is a long drop-off line, we usually park the car and walk up to school
- We try to walk or bike to school whenever it is possible!
How do you turn in most of your assignments?
- I print them out from the computer and use a very large text
- I usually print them or write on notebook paper, but I use both sides of the paper
- I ask my teacher if I can email them or turn them in with a flash drive
Does your school have any recycling programs?
- We do not have one, or I haven’t heard of it yet!
- We have recycling bins in the hallways and in some classrooms
- We have recycling bins in all classrooms, aim to create less waste, and even have an environmental club that I am involved with or would like to become a part of!