The City of Fort Lauderdale provides residential garbage collection service twice per week to dispose of household trash. Services are provided by Republic Services. You can learn more about your collection services by reading the Frequently Asked Questions
Routes and Schedules
Garbage is collected twice per week. Collections begin at 7 am and end by 6 pm. To determine your pickup days, use the Property Information Reporter tool. From time to time, weather or holidays may create schedule changes. You can always find the latest schedule information right here on these pages.
How to Use Your Cart
Your 65-gallon, black garbage cart is designed for household garbage and food waste only. Please do not place the following items in your black cart. Instead, use the hyperlinks below to learn about proper and safe disposal.
- Chemicals, paints, oils, or other hazardous, toxic, or flammable wastes
- Construction debris (i.e., concrete, sand, brick, rock, etc.)
- Electronics, as well as batteries and certain types of light bulbs
- Recyclable items
- Yard waste
- Automotive waste, including batteries and oils
Please wash carts regularly with a mild, phosphate-free soap and water to keep them clean and odor free. Never wash any soap down a storm drain.
Set Out Guidelines
- Place your carts out the night before your scheduled pickup to avoid missing early morning collection. Trucks may circulate your neighborhood as early as 7am.
- Put garbage in bags before putting it in the cart to help prevent litter.
- Garbage left beside carts will not be picked up. Automated collection equipment cannot access it.
Proper Set Out Improper Set Out
For more information, please call the City of Fort Lauderdale 24-Hour Customer Service Center at 954-828-8000 or access Lauderserv.