Garbage is collected twice per week, recycling and yard waste are picked up once per week, and bulk trash is collected monthly. Collecting garbage twice per week allows us to minimize odors, litter, run-off and nuisance pests on our streets. Clean recyclables, properly carted, do not present these risks and therefore need to be picked up only once per week.
Our services are designed to work together for you and to achieve our goals of continually reducing total solid waste disposal while recycling at least 75% of the waste we generate. We encourage our neighbors to:
- Work on reducing your overall waste.
- Fill your blue cart to the brim each week with clean recyclables.
- Use your green cart for plant matter only.
- Only throw something in the black garbage cart when it cannot be reused or recycled.
- Never put hazardous waste in any cart.
Whether you are eligible for curbside service and what your exact pick-up days will be, are determined by your address and the type of building you occupy. Curbside solid waste services are offered for single-family dwellings as well as for duplexes and triplexes. Townhome communities are often serviced by the City as well. Please check with your homeowner's association or landlord, access our Property Reporter, or contact Customer Service through Lauderserv to determine whether your home is eligible for curbside pick-up.
Routes and Schedules
Residential solid waste collection is provided from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. To determine your exact collection days, access our Property Reporter.
|Black, 65-gallon cart||
Twice per week
|Blue, 65-gallon cart||
Once per week
|Pile, no more than 10 cubic yards per day||
Once per month
|Green, 95-gallon cart||
Once per week
To learn more about routes, schedules, and how to start service, click on the menu links at left.
When you access our geographic information systems, you can enter your address or have it find your location automatically. Either way, you'll see your collection schedule for all curbside solid waste services.
Curbside Set Out Information
- Place your carts roadside by 7 a.m. on your pickup day, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening prior to your scheduled collection.
- Place your bulk trash pile roadside by 7 a.m. on your pickup day, but no earlier than 24 hours prior to your scheduled collection.
- The lids on all carts must be able to close completely.
- When placing carts roadside, make sure the handles face your property and the lid openings face the street.
- All carts must be removed from the roadside and secured on your property the same day after service.
- Place carts and trash piles at least 2 feet apart and away from parked cars, fences, mailboxes, trees, overhead wires, storm drains, utility poles, or other large objects so that collection vehicles may safely access them. For more on Cart placement and Curbside Etiquette, click here.
If you need service, we are here to help! Contact our 24-hour Customer Service Center at (954) 828-8000 or use Lauderserv to handle many routine requests online. Here are some of the things we can help you do:
- Arrange for cart repair
- Schedule a vacation stop
- Teach you how to recycle cleanly
- Explain cart notices
- Handle concerns about collection trucks or vendors that the City contracts
- Answer any question you have about solid waste, cart care, collection schedules,
.....and much, much more!
Click on the menu items at left to get more information on each of the services. To learn how to dispose of just about anything, access our Green Your Routine Waste Disposal Directory.